As a small firm, our fees are calculated to reflect the time we spend looking after each client. The exact fee will depend on the complexity of your financial affairs.
“The flat-fee structure—we like that. It was one of the reasons we favoured Ballingers from the start. We’re happy to pay someone a set fee for their service. When you have commissions and so on instead, you never really know what you’re getting.”
– John and Eve B
“Most advisers concentrate on managed funds, but Ballingers do a lot more direct investing in shares (not funds). That means you’re not paying fund managers as well, who siphon off their bit of the money. In my opinion, that’s paying a third party unnecessarily.”
– Peter M
Fees are paid monthly, by direct debit.
The factors we consider in our fee calculations include
- The number of meetings we have with you each year
- Travel time and accommodation costs for clients in Brisbane, Canberra and Sydney
- Time running share portfolio(s)
- Whether certain types of fixed interest securities are included
- Time tracking industry superannuation funds
- Life insurance needs
- Asset protection needs
- Tax planning
- The size of your portfolio
- Time spent providing tax information to accountants
- Time spent dealing with Centrelink
Once a year, we review the calculated fee against the actual time spent managing your affairs. Over time, the process is increasingly refined so that you get the best value for your money, and we get a reasonable return on our time.